Science and Enterprise named to top 100 science blogs, by Feedspot (28 September 2016)
Technology News and Literature provides quality news reporting on the intersection of science, technology, business, and public policy. This site provides links to current and previous work, including online services, books, articles, white papers, and photography.
- Science and Enterprise. Another Chance to Get Serious on Drug Pricing. 27 May 2016. A Science magazine commentary proposed a model for calculating the economic value for new gene therapies, one day after the president of the pharmaceutical industry assoiation in the U.S. said it would consider pragmatic ideas for value-based drug purchasing. Science & Enterprise says this proposal offers the pharma industry an opportunity to show it is serious about solving this problem.
- Science and Enterprise. Drug Pricing Reform Even Big Pharma Might Like. 2 May 2016. In a special report, Science & Enterprise proposes the pharmaceutical industry collaborate with other players in the health care industry to bring down the high cost of drug development, with savings passed on to the customers. The industry now faces a more hostile political environment and competition from new technologies.
- LinkVehicle.com. A Blog You Can Trust. 4 January 2016. The success of your blog isn't only about your content. It's as much about your readers and the relationship you build with them. Also published on Medium and LinkedIn.
- Science and Enterprise. The Next Health Care Disruption. 29 September 2015. The pharmaceutical industry must reform its business practices to bring down costs of prescription drugs. If the industry doesn't change from within, others will do it for them, and it won't be pretty. Part of the special Think Further series, sponsored by investment company Fred Alger Management
- Science & Enterprise profiled and Alan Kotok interviewed in ACI Scholarly Blog Index, 2 July 2015.
- LinkedIn. Making Bootstraps: A Mid-Career Break to Boost Wage Growth. 15 March 2015. Universal Sabbatical for Advancement grants would be modeled after the G.I. Bill and provide workers with a mid-career break for a year to build skills for higher-paying jobs. Also posted on Science and Technology.
- LinkedIn. Job Loyalty Revisited: Earned, not Entitled. 7 September 2014. Employers face the challenge of creating an environment where job security and career advancement are more the norm than the exception. Career advancement is something managers at all levels can provide, and often without incurring much expense.
- LinkedIn. Job Loyalty Revisited: Lessons from Market Basket. 1 September 2014. For American workers, the Market Basket story should raise a few questions about loyalty owed to an employer, and restoring some of the balance that seems weighted way in favor of the people signing pay checks.
- Seeking Alpha. Sanofi Bolsters Vaccine Business. 18 August 2014. Sanofi Pasteur, the pharmaceutical company's vaccines division, has important new releases coming up in late-stage clinical trials and for regulatory review.
- E-book: Cienfuegos Rainbow: Observations of a 21st Century Cuba. April 2013. An eight-day study tour of Cuba became an eye-opening experience that highlighted a country struggling to feed and house its population in the 21st century, while stuck in a confrontational cold war past. Alan and Sharon Kotok describe their experiences as part of a group of University of Iowa alumni who visited Cuba in January 2013.