Alan Kotok, Publications, 2013
- Seeking Alpha. Bayer's Curious Acquisition Of Cancer Drug Maker Algeta. 23 December 2013. News of the acquisition
stressed Bayer's getting "outright control" of Algeta's drug for advanced prostate cancer through the
acquisition, but a look at Algeta's technology suggests Bayer is getting more for its $2.9 billion than a single drug
it already markets.
- Seeking Alpha. Walgreen's Mobile Strategy Scores With Retail Customers. 30 July 2013. Walgreen's mobile strategy is
paying off in higher sales volume for mobile customers than store-only customers, but wellness apps are a different world
for a company that's still essentially a drug store chain.
- Seeking Alpha. Celgene Expanding R&D Portfolio Into Regenerative Medicine. 8 July 2013. Biopharmaceutical company
Celgene Corporation is venturing beyond its biologic therapy pipeline into tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
in a series of deals with the biotech Tengion Inc.
- Seeking Alpha. Stratasys Prepares For 3-D Synthetic Biomaterials. 24 June 2013. Enterprise 3-D printer developer
Stratasys made headlines with its acquisition of MakerBot, but in that same week the company collaborated with an MIT
research group that used 3-D printing to create synthetic bone matter from a complex computer model.
- Seeking Alpha. St. Jude
Medical Boosts Anti-Pain Portfolio In $40M Deal. 9 June 2013. Medical technology company St. Jude Medical bought a
piece of pain management system developer Spinal Modulation and got an exclusive license to market its innovative
neurostimulation device worldwide.
- Seeking Alpha. Clearing The Air On The Sanofi-Regeneron Asthma Drug Trial. 28 May 2013. While the findings of a clinical
trial testing a new asthma drug by Sanofi and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals are medically and financially promising, the
science behind the study suggests some limitations, yet also other opportunities for the drug.
- Seeking Alpha. Shire's New Rare Disease Deal: Interesting Science Meets Unique Financing. 13 May 2013. The
biotechnology company Nimbus Discovery announced an agreement with the specialty pharmaceutical developer Shire plc
that combines an innovative technology for drug discovery with a novel financing method to move that technology
- PublicDiplomacy.org. Cuba -- Ripe for a Public Diplomacy Initiative. 2 February 2013. The U.S. has an opportunity to
make direct people-to-people connections that can pay off in Cuba's post-Castro future, but only for a brief time
before others beat us to it.
- Seeking Alpha. Biogen Idec Retools After ALS Drug Trial Failure. 6 January 2013. Biogen Idec (BIIB) encountered a
setback this week, when a late-stage clinical trial of its drug to treat amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS], also known
as Lou Gehrig's disease, failed to show therapeutic benefits compared to a placebo.
More articles, by year:
2013 | 2009-12 | 2008 |
2007 | 2006 |
2005 | 2004 |
2003 | 2002
2000-2001 | 1990-1999 | -1989